Who should attend?
Anyone comfortable with complete body submersion who can swim at least 25m any stroke. This course or workshop is appropriate for both those who wish to learn butterfly from scratch or those swimmers who have mastered the stroke but would like to improve their technique.
To learn how to fly freely! To be able to swim a graceful and sustainable butterfly even if you never thought it was possible.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- use the head as the driver of the stroke,
- understand how the four-wheel drive of butterfly works,
- achieve a slower and lighter arm recovery,
- establish a gentle and flowing undulation,
- develop a steady, even rhythm that allows the water to lift the body, and breathe with ease
Often considered the supreme stroke, butterfly is generally seen as the preserve of the strongest and fittest. This course will demonstrate that it is no more challenging than the other three strokes. People suffering from stiffness, tension or sciatica in the lower back have found relief from learning the Shaw Way to do butterfly.