Art of Swimming lessons in your bubble!
Are you looking for something fun to do this summer?
Something which you and your body will value forever?
If so, we have the answer!
Located in Spring Gardens, just near the town centre of Frome, is a tranquil swimming pool where you can spend some quality time, either on your own or with your family.
A safe, healthy, lifesaving, activity you can enjoy as a family this summer.
Innovative, safe, fun ‘BUBBLE FAMILY’ swimming – with experienced Shaw Method teachers.
Learn to swim together, or transform your strokes (after months out of the water!) – within your bubble – in an exclusive, Covid-safe, private pool on the outskirts of Frome, Somerset.
Choose from one-to-one lessons, family fun sessions, half day weekend workshops, and intensive courses at a time to suit.
Maximum of 4 people in the pool
The pool has been designed to provide a clean and safe swimming experience for its users. To keep everyone safe the following rules apply to all bathers. Please be aware the pool has CCTV for your safety and that of the teachers. Anyone seen breaking the pool rules will be asked to leave the pool and may lose any future bookings.
- Strictly NO DIVING, BOMBING, CARTWHEELING OR OTHERWISE GYMNASTIC LIKE entries into the pool
- No RUNNING
- No PUSHING
- No SOLO SWIMMING. For your safety 2 – 6 bathers are permitted during any session except for organised swimming lessons.
- No FOOD OR DRINK in any downstairs areas, apart from bottled water. Please act sustainably and have reusable water containers.
- Do not climb out of the pool over the bar on the narrow side or the cover pit at the far end/shallow end. Enter and exit via the steps.
- Do not reach in to the cover pit or attempt to access it in any way. If a toy floats in the void, please leave it and tell the duty manager who will retrieve it.
- Bathers must have a MOBILE PHONE with reception pool side during their session.
- Please do not use the equipment for swimming lessons. A selection of floats will be left poolside
- Please ensure all outdoor footwear is removed as you enter the building or use the overshoes provided.
- Please SHOWER BEFORE YOU SWIM. This allows the Pool to use fewer chemicals which provides a better bathing experience for all.
- Bathers must change in the changing rooms and wear swimming attire (swimming shorts/swimming costumes) in all other areas.
- Eating (SMALL SNACKS ONLY) and drinking is only permitted upstairs in the waiting area. Please ensure you keep this area clean and leave it as you found it.
- Only signed up members may use the pool. Unauthorised use is not permitted.
- Any child under 12 years, or non-swimmers, must be accompanied by a minimum of two competent adults who can look after the child in an emergency.
- Private Hire members must not arrange swimming lessons in their sessions.
- The Health and Safety Policy, the normal operating plan (NOP) and emergency operating plan (EOP) located in the pool lobby must be ready by all swimmers.
- Do not swim after consuming a heavy meal or after alcohol, strong medication or prescribed/recreational drugs (unless approved by your doctor).
- Do not allow a person within your group, who may have a contagious illness (including diarrhoea) to swim. All members of your group must by physically fit enough to swim.
- In the event of an accident or incident, please complete the accident book located in the pool lobby and notify the owners.
- No GLASS in The Parlour Pool building. This includes shampoo, drinks bottles etc
- Young children who still wear nappies must wear a double nappy system in the pool.
- Bathers must take used nappies away with them.
- Pool users must stick to their allotted swimming session and leave punctually at the end. There are clocks in the lobby area and pool room.
- Changing rooms may be accessed 10mins before your session and 15mins afterwards.
- The Parlour Pool is a SMOKE FREE building. NO smoking in or around the building.
- Keep all exits and entrances clear.
- Pool users must park considerately in the allocated parking area. Pool users must not access any part of the working dairy farm.
- Please notify the owners immediately of any damage to the pool or equipment.
- Do not allow dogs out of vehicles. Do not leave animals unattended in your vehicle.
- Please drive with extreme caution at all times – children, animals and farm machinery are in the vicinity.
- Cars are parked at owner’s risk.
- All external doors and windows in the pool room must remain closed as this maintains the important temperature balance within the pool complex. Do not alter any settings or switches.
- Please check the notice board for any information regularly and amendments to the rules.
- Only access the pool during your assigned lesson or hire time.
- THE PARLOUR POOL PRIDES ITSELF IN PROVIDING A CLEAN AND SAFE SWIMMING FACILITY. PLEASE LEAVE THE VENUE AS YOU FOUND IT AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND IT. PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES TO THE DUTY MANAGER.
- One to one or shared lessons for 60 minutes (or 30 minutes adults and children)
- Family fun sessions
- Intensive courses (teaching a maximum of 4)
- Half day weekend workshops
- SwimCheck (have your swim stroke analysed and transformed by an expert)
Learning to swim with the Shaw Method means you’ll develop lifelong tools to develop a new, more positive relationship with water and produce health benefits which go far beyond the pool.
The Shaw Method is a distinct style of swimming borne out of 30 years of teaching swimmers which aims to provide you with the key techniques to mastering a graceful and sustained style of swimming. It has been widely adopted throughout the World by regular swimmers, Olympians, people with injuries, distance swimmers and beginners. Steven Shaw and his personally trained teachers are the ‘Go To’ men and women for body functionality in the water. The results range from Ease of Movement, Confidence and Sheer Joy and Fun to Improved Mechanics and helping to restore the body to Health.
Have you ever thought about improving the way you move in the water? The Art of Swimming’s Shaw Method enables people of all ages and abilities to discover the joys of effortless, graceful, injury-free, swimming.