Frome, Somerset Swimming
Art of Swimming & Shaw Method lessons
Looking for a fun and valuable experience for yourself or your family? Look no further!
Located in Radstock, near Frome in Somerset, our tranquil swimming pool offers a unique opportunity for adults and children to be taught by Steven Shaw, the founder of the Shaw Method, or one of his highly skilled Art of Swimming teachers.
Learn to swim together or transform your strokes in a private pool in Radstock, Somerset. We offer one-to-one lessons, group sessions and half-day weekend sessions to suit your needs.
Join us today and discover the joy of swimming with the Shaw Method!
Learn to swim together, or transform your strokes in a private pool in Radstock, Somerset.
Choose from one-to-one lessons, group sessions, half-day weekend workshops, and intensive courses at a time to suit
Art of Swimming Pool Rules
The pool has been designed to provide a clean and safe swimming experience for its users. To keep everyone safe the following rules apply to all bathers. Anyone seen breaking the pool rules will be asked to leave the pool and may lose any future bookings.
1. Strictly NO DIVING, BOMBING, CARTWHEELING OR OTHERWISE GYMNASTIC LIKE entries into the pool
2. No RUNNING
3. No PUSHING
4. No SOLO SWIMMING.
5. No FOOD OR DRINK apart from bottled water.
6. A selection of floats will be left poolside
7. Please ensure all outdoor footwear is removed as you enter the building.
8. Please do not use the shower rooms.
9. Please ensure you keep this area clean and leave it as you found it.
10. Unauthorised use is not permitted.
11. Any child under 12 years, or non-swimmers, must be accompanied by a minimum of one competent adult who can look after the child in an emergency.
12. Private Hire members must not arrange swimming lessons in their sessions.
13. Do not swim after consuming a heavy meal or after alcohol, strong medication or prescribed/recreational drugs (unless approved by your doctor).
14. Do not allow a person within your group, who may have a contagious illness (including diarrhoea or Covid)
to swim. All members of your group must by physically fit enough to swim.
15. In the event of an accident or incident, please complete the accident book.
16. No GLASS in the building. This includes drinks bottles etc…
17. Young children who wear nappies must wear specialised nappy swimsuits in the pool.
18. Bathers must take used nappies away with them.
19. Pool users must stick to their allotted swimming session and leave punctually at the end.
20. The Pool is a SMOKE FREE building. NO smoking in or around the building.
21. Pool users must park considerately.
22. We do not allow dogs out of vehicles. Do not leave animals unattended in your vehicle.
23. Please drive with extreme caution at all times.
24. Cars are parked at owner’s risk.
25. All external doors and windows in the pool room must remain closed as this maintains the important temperature balance within the pool complex. Do not alter any settings or switches.
26. Please check the notice board for any information regularly and amendments to the rules.
27. Only access the pool during your assigned lesson or hire time.
THE POOL PRIDES ITSELF IN PROVIDING A CLEAN AND SAFE SWIMMING FACILITY. PLEASE LEAVE THE VENUE AS YOU FOUND IT AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND IT. PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES TO OUR STAFF.
Learning to swim with the Shaw Method means you’ll develop lifelong tools to develop a new, more positive relationship with water and produce health benefits which go far beyond the pool.
The Shaw Method is a distinct style of swimming borne out of 30 years of teaching swimmers, which aims to provide you with the key techniques to master a graceful and sustained style of swimming. It has been widely adopted throughout the world by regular swimmers, Olympians, people with injuries, distance swimmers, and beginners. Steven Shaw and his personally trained teachers are the ‘go-to’ experts for body functionality in the water. The results range from ease of movement, confidence, and sheer joy and fun to improved mechanics and helping to restore the body to health.
Have you ever thought about improving the way you move in the water? The Art of Swimming’s Shaw Method enables people of all ages and abilities to discover the joys of effortless, graceful, injury-free swimming.